Who is it for?
For any woman experiencing symptoms of the menopause.
The menopause occurs when your periods cease. This usually happens naturally around the age of 50, but may occur earlier due to illness or because of treatment such as having the ovaries removed surgically or having radiotherapy treatment to the pelvis.
- Hot flushes
- Night sweats
- Joint aches
- Mood change
What does it involve?
- 30 minute consultation with a consultant gynaecologist
- Full history taking + abdominal and pelvic examination
- BMI and blood pressure assessment
- Cervical smear test
- Blood tests including
- Thyroid function test
- Fasting blood glucose
- Vitamin D levels
- Fasting lipid (cholesterol) profile
- CA125 (ovarian cancer screen)